– Loading and discharging of non-containerized cargo is a complex operation. The specialists know that proper communication between all parties is critical to the success of any such cargo operation.
– To ensure all parties are fully informed of the particular cargo requirements, and in order to have full control over all port operations, we employ our own superintendents.
– RISS superintendents are experts in cargo and port operations. We liaise between the cargo owners, the vessel, and the chartering department and together with the Master and his crew, take care of the planning of a voyage and cargo operations from the beginning to end.
– The expertise of our superintendents and the vessel’s crew is vital in the pre-planning phase, which is carried out in a professional and efficient manner, thus saving time and avoiding complications on the day the cargo is loaded or discharged.
– Apart from preparing the stowage plans, RISS superintendents also attend the vessel during cargo operations to coordinate and supervise the loading and discharge operations.